Re: [LI] ILUG Blr Meeting Minutes <Hrs?>

Gandalf Mithrandir vehemently posts:

> India and Debian" thread, Atul handed Sidcarter aka Khader a bunch of Debian
> CD's and told him that he hhat he had ved<!> for a Debian install demo. All
> of us unanimously cheered ;-)).

This smacks of fine mockery by a majority on a minority.  All of us are
using GNU/Linux thanks to the PCQ Initiative in providing us with Red
Hat Linux.  If PCQ had given us Debian, we would have followed that
path.  Sad to say,  PCQ went on to Red hat from Slackware and kaput...
we are stuck there !!

> install got stuck right at the start with a md.c message. We all sat around,
> trying hard not trd not tcrazy puns <special mention to Naim, here>, and
> trying even harder to maintain a straight face, considering the machine had
> happily installed and was running RH6.1!!

HeHeHe...I should laugh at U blokes who are stuck with a dud, huge
default install  of not less than 400 MB of Red Hat Linux v6.1 from the
PCQuest CD. How many of U are using (seriously) packages that were
installed by default ?  Do U know what all packages are lurking out
there on UR machine ?  Have U got a clue of what is going on....

Tnx to Syed K. Vali's post, U have got an opportunity to see Debian
GNU/Linux CDs at UR meet.  Otherwise no soul would have given three
hoots and discussed these things.  Well, do U know what ??
I was stuck on the Red Hat v6.1 GUI install on my friend's machine but
no problems on my computer.  The mileage varies.

ragOO, VU2RGU.                         PGP Key 1024/1A747CB1
Fingerprint: 61 CD 0F 96 7A 94 4F F6 F0 42 1B 6D C0 A4 24 CF
--
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux