[LI] problem with sis6215

Hi Praveen,

my problem is that when i installed 6.1 on a machine that has trident 9440
card it displayed sis6215(pcq) [when i didnt need the damn thing], but when
i installed it on machines that have sis6215 cards it does not show the
choice except on one , but the result on all sis6215 machines is the same. i
get X
in font and pic size as big as size 48 in mswindows. and cant change the
resolution even with ctrl+alt++/-. this results in x being unusable. ur
trick
of editing /etc/X11/X86config file.

arbornet.org seems to be working fine as i am receiving all my mail.
although some have reported that their emails to me bounced a few days, but
i have not experienced any such prob except that arbornet address mail
bounced today.

ftp is working fine with me. both with 6.1 and earlier versions. and so is
telnet. so is mail. cant try the web as X is non functional on nodes. web
server works with windows 98.
it is definitely not as satisfying as it was when we were at our earlier
location
where all functions were functional.

whats up at cme? anything different/new. i m into data comn here besides
trg.
write fast.
vinay tevatia