Re: [LI] sendmail

>How to get the nameservers listed in resolv.conf?
>What do you mean by run your own named?
>We are trying to connect a linux box to our existing LAN network and are
>not able to. Can you send a breif procedure for configuring my machine
>to LAN.
>I am not able to ping any m/c in my LAN.
>Being a newbie i am not able to find out the problem.

not able to ping means the lan setup or tcp in the linux box itself is not
correct
try pinging 127.0.0.1 or <ur ip from the linux box if both are okay, try
ping on a
win machine to another win machine, if that is also okay,
check the ip address of ur linux box and other win machines and make sure
they are
in the same network. ie ip <p.q.r.s > , "p.q.r" (if netmask = 255.255.255.0)
portion should be the same for all machines.