[LI] sendmail problem

Dear Linux Users,

I have installed RH 5.2 on a proliant 3000 (4.3x3 hdd, 256 RAM, 2
NIC) and am running mail server, proxy (squid) and dialin access.
My problem is :

The send and receive of mail from this server by the clients using
any window based email client is very slow (contacting....,
authorizing..... and so on). It takes 2-3 minutes to transfer one mail
from server to client on LAN. I have changed just one line in the
/etc/sendmail.cf i.e.

Dshry.nic.in

my domain is hry.nic.in and host is hau.

any help to speed the mail delivery system will be appreciated.

Just to add, I am novice to sys admin.

thank

Sudhir