RE: [LI] sendmail

Having the names in /etc/hosts is not good enough. You need to get
the nameservers listed in /etc/resolv.conf to know about lux and brutus.

One way to do this is to run your own named.

	-Arun

Dear Arun sir,

How to get the nameservers listed in resolv.conf?
What do you mean by run your own named?
We are trying to connect a linux box to our existing LAN network and are
not able to. Can you send a breif procedure for configuring my machine
to LAN.
I am not able to ping any m/c in my LAN.
Being a newbie i am not able to find out the problem.

            Help is highly appreciated.

		Thanks in advance.