please use [commercial] tag [Re: [LI] server needed for web hosting]

On 16 Nov 99, at 20:16, thus spake s.goswami:

> need some web hosting service provider on Linux , the server should
> be in USA, anyone using an dedicated server  (on Linux of course )
> or some good service provider u know about please suggest.

Friends, kindly take this thread offline.  It is just becoming an
excuse for all the web hosting company reps on this list to post a
free ad on the list, without benefit of the [commercial] tag.

In fact, the first response to this request suggested a Windoze
Server (M$ certified at that).  Is that supposed to be on topic to this
list?

> From: "sandeep mehta" <snip>
> Subject: RE: [LI] server needed for web hosting

> One such service provider is
> www.crystaltech.com  you can register online

[Nt least their homepage says MS Certified Windows NT Server
Hosting.  No mention / link to Linux servers]

Another gentleman was kind enough to inform ~all~ of us that his
company http://www.netshooter.com also provides such services -
again without the [commercial] tag.

Please folks - if your marketing people are interested, they may
please get in touch with Mr.Goswami directly at his personal email
instead of cc'ing the list.

I, for one am killfiling this thread, I already have good web hosting
in the US without using local third party resellers / dealers and
paying a hefty (over 200% in some cases) markup price for my
servers.  So is the case with lots of the people here.

So folks - if any such query arises, kindly mail Mr.Goswami (or
anyone else) offlist.

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
    Failure is not an option.
    It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.