[LI] S3 Trio Success at last.

Yippy.....

Okay I now have perfectly well behaved (I hope) X server with my S3 Trio
86C362.

Here's what I did:

Used XF86Setup.
Chose S3 Trio card.
Read the readme file and added the otions of fifo_conservative,
pci_burst_on, pci_retry.
Chose 4 mb vram.
Chose my monitor (Samsung 428PT in my case).

X was crawling..... then this mail from KD. I added the options manually to
XF86Config (I aslo commented out the options I had earlier chosen) and lo
and behold I have a working Xserver that gives me 1024x768 and 800x600 at 24
bits.

surprisingly, the readme file mentions an option for hw_cursor; I hadn't got
to that but it seems to have worked with option "swcursor".

Thanx everyone who helped,

Sharukh.

p.s.: If anyone wants the config file I can send it to him/her or better
still if someone can post it on  website I'll send him a copy and anyone who
wants it can download it.