Re: [LI] SiS 6215c again !!!

Hello Vijayan,

I also faced problems with SVGA server from PCQ CD (RED HAT 6.1).
But when I installed SVGA server from CHIP CD it works perfectly fine.
I get 800x600 resolution (16bit).

But after going through Atul's mail where he said that something may be wrong
at my end. I uninstalled CHIP SVGA server and reinstalled SVGA server from PCQ
CD. But the screen flickering continued and now I have reverted back to CHIP
SVGA server.

However I installed Red Hat 6.1 on one of My friends machine which has ATI
Mach64 card. There everything went on smoothly. No problems as far as X
configuration is concerned.

Regards

--
Rajesh Fowkar

ps. : I have also done ./pcqupdt and installed JDK & Kdevelope without any
problems.

Kurtarkar Nagari, Bldg-C,
Flat No. T4, Third Floor,
Shantinagar(Santacruz), Ponda-Goa-403401
  Ph. : (0832)315932
Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, you wrote: > Hi everybody, > 	This is
regarding the SiS 6215c again. I have > installed RH 6.1 (PCQ) in two systems.
The funny thing > is though Xconfigurator ( during install only ) shows