Re: [LI] SiS 6215c again !!!

> Gottcha!
>
> Another one who hasn't read the installation article which clearly says
> RUN PCQUPDT!
>
> Atul

Something strange here.
My Xconfig has been done properly. X windows starts fine, but the display
is completely garbled. I move my mouse, and the whole screen becomes
"noisy" ... like, waves on water.

Xterm etc. don't show any text. The startup screen is BLACK (instead of
the gray one with infinite dots).

Now, I had kept a copy of the X binary from Suse (which previously used to
run my X windows b4 I upgraded). I copied that and linked /etc/X11/X to
it. (Installed all the compat files). Now, works fine.

any pointers/clues/answers?

thanx.
jaju