Re: Re: Re: [LI] spamcop / Saraswati - from Dinesh Shah

Folks -

> > The two don't quite compare.... ILUG-Cal list has 75+ members
> > whereas > Linux-India is 500+... the logistics involved in policing
> > for spam are > different by several orders of magnitude.

Thaths just mailed me (and I've suggested a few filters to ban
various things from reaching majordomo)

1. the string begin 644 happy99.exe (or anything marked begin 644
- which is simply an uuencoded attachment).

2. Any mail with characteristic chain mail crap (say orissa cyclone
relief / TIME popularity contest or whatever crap).  This has to be
updated to reflect the usual crap landing in mailboxes currently.

3. Attachments like jpegs etc etc (include a url guys - stupidity
wasting list bandwidth sending fat JPEGs to the full list)

4. For spamming issues - visit

http://www.cauce.org  |  http://spam.abuse.net  |

hth
--s

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
    Philosopher (n):  a blind person in a dark room looking for a black cat that is not there