[LI] re: RBL subscription for linux-india etc

> > To help fight spam I have enabled the Realtime Blackhole List (RBL)
> > on > lists.linux-india.org, the server that runs the LI mailing
> > lists.  See > http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for more information on RBL.
> > > the LI mailing lists please email me at thaths@xxxxxxxxxxxx >
> > explaining the problem.

All this does - spam from hardcore spammers / spam support sites /
known open relays will get blocked.  So far, spammers have not hit
the list.  The RBL blocks such sites from 40% of the net (using BGP
feed mostly, or other means too)

The only people who have spammed the list so far are clueless
idiots who don't know what is the difference between on topic and
off topic.  The RBL won't protect against these - just a wideawake
sysadmin with a ready mallet, willing to hammer the spammer out
of the list.

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
    Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive
    away if your car could go straight upwards.
          -- Sir Fred Hoyle