[LI] Info reqd on LINUX

Hi,

I am a new user to LINUX Os. I am familiar with Sun and Sco unix os, I would like to know what are all the hardware required to install Linux.

Could you please tell me the system call to implement threads on linux. for eg: on Sun thr_getspecific or thr_setspecific etc., which are existing under /usr/include/thread.h file. I would like to know whether do we have same thearding concept on Linux.

Srinivas.