Re: [LI] SiS6215 Configuration using PCQ NOV. CD

Ghins Mathai wrote:

> On my mc ( I use a sis6215) X is working fine but for one thing. The mouse pointer
> appears as a 1-inch by 1-inch semi-transparent box and not as the usual pointer.
> Does anybody know why this happens ?
>
> Regards

My 6215c was working fine before I installed the PCQ NOV RH 6.1.After
installing 6.1 I could not see the text/ the cursor was like a rectangle
etc etc. Here is what i did to fix that

/etc/X11/XF86config
Section "Device"
  Identifier "what_ever_u_have_given"
  Chipset "sis86c205"
  VideoRam how_much_u_have
  Option "no_imageblt"
  Option "no_bitblt"
  .
  .
  .

i used xf86setup.u can even run xf86config and add these lines later.

Let me know if this works for u

Anand Biligiri S