Re: [LI] SiS6215 Configuration using PCQ NOV. CD

spk wrote:

> Me too have the same problem, may be some problem with the *SVGA*rpm  driver
> for SIS , it may be  corrupted/buggy!!?, how about trying installing same
> file from RHL 6.0?
> ANyone who can shed some lights on this?

I have the SiS6225 card with 2MB RAM. X was running fine in RH6.0 with
the SVGA server 3.3.3.1-49.

The SVGA package in the RH6.1 distro in the PCQ CD (Nov99) may be buggy
in the sense that the X windows came up with black stuff in place of
words, and no amount of tweaking the config file helped. So I
un-installed the SVGA 3.3.5-3 server package and installed the old one
from the Chip CD and everything is fine! I wasted over 24hours trying to
get it working till I read a mail from one of our list members saying
that he had done this and things were working.

I can get 1024x768 at 16 bits without any problems.

Hope this helps you to get going!

Sanjay Dutt