[LI] Prob in running X.

I reloaded PCQ RH 6.1 on my M/c with S3 86C362 Trio 3D/2X and Samtron 428
PT/PTL. i have 64 mb ram and 120 mb swap.

I loaded everything in the custom install. Yet Xconfigurator exits with the
message Server not found. I installed the XFree*SVGA.rpm and this problem
disappeared. It even gave me a default resolution of 1024x768 in 16 bpp.
Then when it offered to check the X server the screen went blue with a box
in the center saying 'can you see this message' and both mouse and keyboard
got locked. I had to use the reset button.
I ran Xconfigurator again, and then ran startx. Again the scereen went blank
then blue and a progrees gauge turned up with the legend Enlightenment
starting. then three more boxes opened *at a snail's pace* with the mouse
and keyboard again locked. The last of theses boxes showed the folowing text
:

Screensaver - properties - capplet.
No response to the Save yourself command.
The program may be slow, stopped or broken.
You may wait for it to respond or remove it.

ctrl-alt-backspace, ctrl-alt-F1/F2 etc elicited no response whatsoever.
Sadly the reset key was used again.

any help anyone pleease ?

Sharukh.