RE: [LI] Connecting to MTNL with Linux!

Hi Rahul!
I've been using an MTNL connection from Delhi from Feb99 onwards.  My linux
box connects with mtnl at the first ring (99.9% of the time) and remains
connected - no problems.  VSNL connection stalls at various times.  There is
NO NEED of any special settings when you use mtnl because they have PAP
authentication.  This means that you feed in the username and password into
the relevant field of KPPP and make other settings as you deem appropriate
(pause between redial, etc etc) and fire it up.
If you have RedHat6.1 (6.0 too) you could use linuxconf from the bashprompt to
do the same thing.
Have fun!
RKA