Re: [LI] Leased-line Modems

Vaibhav Patkar wrote:

> Dear Nagarjuna,
> In order to use your Leased Line network effectively you have to use a
> router. For connecting LL to Linux m/cs, you should be having a SW which
> recognizes LL as Private wire and should provide some ring tone to make it
> run.

You don't need any such thing! The leased line is a permanently on,
full duplex, 4 wire connection. I do not know if the RAD modem
gives you a RS232 connection. If it does, all you need to
do is connect it to the serial port, enable PPP on both
sides and you are done! If the modem gives you some
other o/p (V.35?) , you will need a WAN card in your PC, I guess.

There are many suitable WAN cards which work with Linux and
some are available in India (Sangoma etc).
Check out the h/w compatibility howto.

- B. Prasad