Re: [LI] dos partition cp problem

root wrote:

> Groping on this, but 1 reason could be that the minimum allocation unit on
> Linux and Windows is different.
> In Linux ext2fs, I think it is 1 KB while in Windows it is dependent on
> whether you have a 32 bit FAT or a 16 bit FAT . You will notice that even a
> very small file in windows does take up SOME space (obviously) larger than
> its actual size !
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong

well ext2fs--- each sector is 1kb ( u just said that )
       fat 16--- it is 32 kb
       fat 32--- it is 4 kb

that should increase the allocated space of all files copied onto the fat32 (
my case ) partition... why the ambiguity of reduction is some and increase in
the other ??? i could ponder over this myself and check the files manually on
the dos partition but i am very busy with some thing more important... will sit
with this after tomorrow and post the results for sure....

bye
chetu
--
Windows 95 is a 32 bit extension