[LI] 'Time' problem again

Dear friends
I also have the same problem and I tried to correct it using tzselect but it
did not work. After that I got different seetting in each place. Local time
was +5:30 of universal time but display of time at the right-down of the
monitor  was unchanged.
If I change that then universal time also changes accordingly but they all
are never correct at the same time.
This time the configuration is

At display 07:45
and date command prints : -

Sun Oct 31 07:46:16 EST 1999

After tzselect output is : -

Local time is now:      Sun Oct 31 18:16:44 IST 1999.
Universal Time is now:  Sun Oct 31 12:46:44 UTC 1999.

And the actual time is 12:46:44 which coincidently is the universal time.
Please help me.