Re: [LI] Are there any decent E-Mail Clients available?

Anand Biligiri S forced the electrons to say:
> Hi all
>
> I am sorry for the strong subject line. But i desparately need a email
> client for Linux.

There are a host of email clients for linux. But I presume you need one
based on X windows. Why don't you try netscape messenger?

> Can u people tell me which mail clients u are using ?

Well, I use mutt. It is the _most_ powerful and flexible email client I
have ever used (and I have used at least six of them). It is extremely
configurable, as you can see from the mails I send (take a look at the
headers etc.).

> I am looking for a mail client which will allow multiple identities . This
> is because i and my friend check email at once from a single system and it
> will be convenient if the software can support multiple
> identities.(something like Outlook Express)

Hmm... You are forgetting one of the phrases traditionally used to
describe unix and related OSes - that they are multiuser OSes.

If I understand you correctly, you and your friend have different POP
accounts, and you both want to read emails from the same computer. If
you are the root on your linux machine, just add your friend and let
him configure the email client he wants. You can use fetchmail to poll
both your POP accounts, and to deliver emails to the two of you into
separate mailboxes.

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-