Re: [LI] Are there any decent E-Mail Clients available?

> Hi all
>
> I am sorry for the strong subject line. But i desparately need a email
> client for
> Linux. I am not very satisfied with KMAIL . I checked out the Balsa , but it
> is still is in the development stage. I checked out a dozen E-Mail clients
> from linux.davecentral.com , www.linuxberg.com  etc etc . I was not able to
> find anything useful.

Well, it seems to be implicit that you are talking about GUI things only
here. Although there's no mention of that anywhere.

> Can u people tell me which mail clients u are using ?

pine, elm, mutt.

> I am looking for a mail client which will allow multiple identities . This
> is because i and my friend check email at once from a single system and it
> will be convenient if the software can support multiple
> identities.(something like Outlook Express)

Well, I presume that you are not root on that machine. (Else, you'd have
already used something as basic as using 2 different accounts)

Are you averse to using some text-based program? I not, I suggest using
pine ... with two different config files for you two. (see the -p and -P
options in the man pages)

That way, you can use completely different configurations. Solves the
problem (as much as I see of it) ?

regards,
jaju