Re: [LI] note 2 rohit

Rohit wrote:

> Thanks to Taiwan bhookamp! Another friend suggested the same. If we bar gaming on
> the machine, will I still need 128 Mb? Many off the shelf PCs still carry the same
> 32 Mb RAM..
> please tell me.

if u intend to play only and do nothing else... in general do only one job at a time
then 32 mb is enough.... i run on 48 mb and P133..... the problem is u wont do that
for  a long time

> Cool. I heard that Trident gives some problems like flickering etc after a while,
> say a year or so. What does your experience say?

this is the first time i am hearing this :-0 .... maybe one in a million case....
trident  AGP is good.... u can even think about S3 AGP which is also supported off the
box

> I thought 48x would make noise as well as probably wear out faster... was I right?

noise is one thing but though the manufac. say 48X it will run only about 2X faster
than 40X ....  why pay extra for no considerable change in performance ;)

> I am taking a P-2 400, does it change the picture?

that improves the picture a lot according to intel people.... by the way in which part
of india do u live ??? according to my knowledge intel has stopped the production of
PII and only gray market cpus are available now.... it makes no difference but check
out the one year guarantee even on the cpu and buy from a reliable source....

on second thoughts maybe ur assembler has some out stock of PII with him.... ask for
the box and manual that came with the cpu to confirm its genuinity.... ( the stickers
are available anywhere... hence dont be content with just the sticker )

bye
chetu