[LI] linux/win

Good morning one and all,
This is a newbie from a software firm. I had been in IIT for my education
and [no that is not the claim to fame or something] that was where I was
first familiarised with this list. Glad to be in.

I am buying a machine [choosing configuration myself] as follows..

HDD - samsung 8Gb 7000+ rpm
RAM - 64 Mb at 100 Hz SD
Motherboard VIAbx at 100 Hz
Video RAM - SiS / AGP 8 Mb
CD - Samsung 40x
Sound- Yamaha ST

I plan to install Win95 and RH Linux 6. Following are the queries..

1. Will it be sufficient to partition the HDD first and then install Linux
over one?
2. I believe in such LILO partitions, the Win95 side can not read Linux
partition but the Linux partition can read/write on Win95, when run as root.
Am I right?
3. I could install Win NT 4 on the windows partition but I believe that Linux
can not securely and safely share the NTFS. The idea was to leave 3 Gb on
Linux side and keep development work on the Win partition itself so that the
files are accessible to both the operating systems. NT was preferred for
security and stability reasons. Please clarify if the NT and Linux can be
installed so as to enable Linux r/w on the win partition?
4. For 41k rupees, will this configuration run games, occasionally,
Sound/graphics/movies  at full resolution and support fast working on GIMP? Or
should I go for a more powerful system.

I understand that all of my questions may not be best suited to this
environment, but I need help. If this/such questions have already been
answered, I am sorry to repeat.

Thanks,
Rohit
              Oh, to be a rock and not to roll...
              - Stairway to heaven / Remasters / Lad Zeppelin / Robert Plant