Re: [LI] linux/win

Chetan Gopal Kashinath <chetugk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

~*~*> Motherboard VIAbx at 100 Hz
~*~*> Video RAM - SiS / AGP 8 Mb

-->why go for a card which is not compatible off the box .... go for a
trigent AGP which is very well
-->supported by linux :)

  Hey I have a Trident T 9750 VGA card which is High Performance 3D/2D ,
GUI/Video Accelarator and PCI/AGP. Its got 2 MB of VRAM and should be able
to support 1024x768x64k [ details off the manual ]
  I've tried configuring this card for my linux box for the last couple days
and have been eminently unsuccessful ..... I have also checked out freshmeat
for drivers and also www.trid.com - manufacturer ... and so on ... but still
no use. I gather you might have some expertise in fixing this problem ?
Could ya help ? Thanks
- ravi.