[LI] <<< Yamaha DS-XG 32bit PCI sound card >>> HELP !

Hi Indian Linux Lovers,

I am new to linux & to this list. I just install RH6 on my machine.
I have problem configuring my sound card. I have a Yamaha DS-XG PCI sound
card.

sndconfig does not detect my sound card as PnP , but the stupid windozs
detects it.!
I have tryed the soundblaster compatible configuration, but i get the
message " Device or Resource Busy". I have downloaded the trial versiona of
OSS drivers from open sound systems, but the quality of sound is not up to
the  mark.
What are ALSA drivers ? ill they work in my case ?
One more thing , please don't advise me to change the sound  card as it is
not possible for me to change it.

Please help.
Any suggestions would be of great help to me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arjun Prabhu K
|use OS/2 for a crash proof work environment	|
|use Linux for safe and quick internet access	|
|use Winblows to test the latest viruses	|
|						|
|http://members.tripod.com/arjun_mit/		|
|arjunprabhu@xxxxxxxxx				|
|ICQ : 45975702					|