Re: [LI] Outlook Express : #1

Yes in case you have a dedicated link and use a dual homed host as your
proxy, then you need to have a plug-gw (TIS FWTK www.tis.com)  installed
(i.e in case you are not using real IP in your internal N/W. The thisn is
simple, you do not have a proxy on 25/110 which is what you really need on
your gateway. so that you can get out of your network to the real big bad
world.

The plug-gw is simple it plugs in a request on a port (in your case 110) to
another system (hotmail)  and acts as a proxy to your systems, I use 10 such
connections within my internal network and it does wonders, dunno whether
squid alllows you to define ports on which it must also proxy. If you need
help after you have TIS installed on your system let me know. But I am sure
there are other such packages floating around for Linux which do this
surrogating job. I hope u get what I mean, in case of doubts let me know.

>Ok now that I've got my Win machine to use Squid as the proxy server I just
>had a slight problem. The Outlook Express has the feature to download and
send
>mails through hotmail. I configured my accounts but it seems it can't send
or
>receive any mail. Anybody done this? My Windoze machine uses the Linux
Server