Re: [LI] ddd problem

Guruprasad, Mahendrakar  V forced the electrons to say:
> Hi Binand
> I down loaded & installed Motif from lesstif successfully.
> 	Then I tried to configure ddd with the path name of Xm library.
> 	Still it says that '-lXm not found ' ( Same Error which it was
> giving earlier) What can I do for that??
> 	Please reply

Hi Guru,

You don't have to reply to every single person who offered help. That is
beating the whole purpose of a mailing list.

Regarding your problem, few suggestions:

1. Where did you install lesstiff? That is, which directory? Try running the
configure script for ddd as:

./configure --x-library-path=/usr/somewhere/X11/lib

(I am not sure of the name of the option, but look inside the configure script
itself. There are other options also, which you may have to give.)

I gather the -lXm error comes when the program is linked. Check if the linker
is told where to find the library, ie, the line should be something like:

gcc -o ddd file1.o file2.o .... -L/usr/X11/lib/ -lXm

The -L should be before the -l. If this is not the case, then you will have to
reconfigure, after doing a make clean.

2. Ddd does not work with all versions of lesstiff. Make sure that both these
software are compatible.

Binand

- --
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-
int main(){printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);return 0;}%c";    | printing program.
int main(){printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);return 0;}        | Try it!!