Re: eth0 error

 Sir
    I also had a similar problem  with a winbond (VIA technologies VT 82C926 Amazone (rev 0) card  ( as per dmesg) )and net-2-k pCi driver . It was automatically detected as  Net-2-PCi. I  Changed the driver to Ne and the system started working . From your letter it is not clear what  ether net card You are using  . Please check up whether the card is same as mine
 Regards
 Sunil

SUNIL T T
M Tech Student