newbie questions

Hi all,
After lurking around on and off the list for more than a year, i finally
took the plunge. installed rh6 on my pc, dual boot with win95. no major
glitches so far. been working on it for the past two weeks. eventually shift
to linux only setup.would appreciate help over couple of pts.
1) I have a Aztech Pnp 2320 sound card. running sndconfig hangs the linux
box. disabling the pnp creates ROM comflicts in the bios. what do i do.
2) linux is on a pII233 64mb, 2gb,6gb box. have a compex network card. this
box is connectd to a p100 machine which is to act as a client. now. win peer
to peer was ok till i installed linux. after that network vanished. what do
i do
3) back to networking. maybe silly, but still... the pII box being
fileserver, mailserver, webserver and th p100 client with maybe another
cyrix client. now what ip address and DNS do i give to my server . i have
read the manuals. all seems ok but still getting confused.
me poor dentist can pull out teeth but setting networks up....:-(
Keep Smiling
Dr. Aravind Venkataraman
email: aravindv@xxxxxxxx