Re: rescue disk

Kunal Shah wrote:

> I have installed redhat 5.2 from pcq cd.
> After that i have installes win95 so my mbr is overwritten
> Now my rescue disk become currupeted so i can not replace my old mbr.
> Only thing i have is pcq cd of april month which is bootable.
> What should i do?
> Kunal

No problem!!
Boot from the cd. Choose upgrade instead of install.
Don't select any packages.
Finally you will be presented with a option to install lilo.
Install lilo. and reboot.
Your window and linux will be safe.

Personally i feel if you still love your window, then use loadlin to
load linux as below. Run from pure dos,

loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5

where
vmlinuz is kernel image found in /boot directory,
/dev/hda5 is where linux is installed.

- -mukund