Re: Nt loader and Lilo

sharad87@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Now whenever I was trying to run my Win98 the Nt loader gets
> invoked giving me choice to boot 98 and Upgrade or install WinNT.
> Though the latter option doesn't work.
> After install Lilo in mbr when I boot to dos I again get get to
> WinNT choice menu. Is Nt loader still in mbr or is it some file that
> needs to be edited for starting Win98 straight away when I say dos
> at Lilo.

	WinNT boot loader was present in the MBR, when you installed LILO.
Hence LILO replaced the NT boot loader with it's own code. When you
choose to boot Windows at the LILO boot: prompt, it actually executed
the original WinNT boot loader. Since the FDISK program that comes
with Windows 95/98 is Windows NT aware, doing a FDISK /MBR does no
good.

	Instead, try doing a SYS C:. I have tried that with Windows 95 and
have succeeded.

- --
Manoj Victor Mathew