contents of /etc/hosts gets deleted automatically

Hi friends,

My /etc/hosts file contains :
127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain

I have observed that whenever I run KPPP the contents of /etc/hosts file gets
deleted as a result during the next reboot I get the error
httpd               [failure]

I have to type the contents again or copy some backup copy of that file back to
/etc directory ?

Any clue why is this happening ? I tried to make the file readonly chmod 444
/etc/hosts without any success.

What should I do to rectify this ?

Thanks in advance

 --
Rajesh Fowkar

"Windows 98 is a buggy browser on top of a 32-bit extension and
a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating
system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."
                                                    --unknown