Re: console is getting cluttered by kernel msgs

> I am running RHL 5.2 on a box which has NE2K PCI card installed...often I
> work on it when it disconnected from my 3-node LAN (don't ask me why I
> do that :)...anyway, in these times, my console gets cluttered by the
> following message "eth0 : Timeout waiting from Tx RDC", can someone suggest
> what I can set as the klogd level (`klogd -c n`) to suppress these
> irritating msgs...and is there any important msg I may lose out on if I
> do this? Please help...

Instead of disconnecting the cable, why don't you just

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down

when you don't want anyone to connect, and

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

when you want to get back on again?

If you insist on remving the cable, do an ifconfig eth0 down anyway. That
will stop the messages.

Atul