RE: Warning !! Qmail Server Users

> 	If you have addressed a mail for more than one users on
> same domain, qmail will send that
> many messages which is different from sendmail where only one
> copy is sent to that domain.
> 20kb mail addressed to 100 users on same domain will transmit 20
> * 100 = 2000kb.

I don't know about qmail, but in sendmail, this item is just standard
configuration, and sendmail can easily be configured to do exactly the same
thing.

In fact, if you are using fetchmail's multi-drop facility, this feature (one
mail per addressee instead of single mail to domain) is not just a desired
one - you just cannot operate without it if you are dealing with mailing
lists, BCCs, etc.!

Given today's disk and memory sizes, 2 MB is nothing - but a single 100 byte
mail that isn't delivered correctly because of lack of header information is
unforgivable!

Atul