Disable Mgetty?

How to disable mgetty once it is started?
Is it possible to use both, remote login as well as server diallup?

I want to have remote login as well as I want my server to automatically
dial according to the schedule for receiving and sending mail. Server
dialling may be locked as long as mgetty is operational.

I am able to setup remote login as described in PCQ, but I am not able to
browse.
I am able to dial to the server from a remote machine with WIN95, after
authentication, if I try my browser to look in my server it just sends but
receives nothing.

What could be the problem?

Thanks
Regards