Has anyone tried the plugins in X11amp?

Let me know how you go about doing this. It does not seem to work in my
machine. I am running SuSE 6.1 which has the latest X11amp.

Skins work fine but not the plugins. Moreover if anyone could tell me a nice
decoder for MP3 formats I will appreciate it very much.

On the networking side, is there any dynamic name registration in Linux,
just like we have WINS in NT.

The purpose is I do not want to update my etc/hosts file manually everytime.
Moreover, I do not want to use the sucking microsoft products.

By the way, I came in to this Unix world only about 2 months ago and this
was with Linux (RedHat 5.2). I love every bit of this "Wonder OS." I
desperately need some "geek of geeks" to help me and share their knowledge
with me.

A good thing for newbees would be to attend the linux club meeting held
during every third Saturday's in IIT, Madras.

I did attend this week and I went for a total toss. You can get to see a lot
of gurus.

Regards,
Sriram