atten. Mr.K Dakshinamurthy

- ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BEB9F4.6E0172A0

Sir,
I have read your artice on procedure of installing sis6215 driver for =
redhat linux in pcquest of december.
=20
In this article you haven't specify so many things that i want to know.
You did specify=20
=20
    1.. Run xf86config command. Select your monitor details, etc. From =
the cards database select 405 (SiS86 C201) as the card. DO NOT run X =
probeonly now.=20

    2.. Let the xf86config set up the symbolic links for the X Server.=20

    3.. I did not select any RAMDAC.=20

    4.. Complete the installation of X. This creates the file /etc/XF86 =
Config.=20

    5.. Set up a symbolic link to XF86_SVGA (this is the driver =
selected) to point to XFCom_SiS using the following command.=20

but there are so many things that i have to configure and which are i =
don't know how to.

Like i have monitor DAEWOO DT-1436 of ORION Technologies and i don't =
know its specifications.If i issue setup command then it will display =
the list of monitor, out of that i can select generic multysinc.

But if i issue command xf86config then i have to specify it horizontal =
frq. refresh rate etc.which i don't know.

Also i can not determine which server should i choose.Xfee86 =
website(www.xfree86.org) suggests yoou should choose svga server but it =
is now working.

it works only if i issue setup command and then select vga16 server.

also it can not determine how much ram my video card has.It shows a =
failour message and then i have to select from list 1024(i have 1mb =
vram).

Here is what i did.

I installed redhat 5.2 from pcquest march cd which is =
bootable.everything goes allright untill selecting xserver.I have chosen =
unlisted card. Then server vga16 and monitor generic monitor/generic =
multisinc / samtron 426pt.then i choose no clocking and prob for vram. =
here it shows error messgae that it can not determine my vram and i have =
to specify it manually.Then i selected 1024 and completed setup.

After rebooting it shows me only for colour display.

Then i installed kde and run two file that you have suggested in dec. =
pcquest

And run xf86config.If i complete configuration as you told on issuing =
startx command at command prompt some with some error next command promt =
comes and i can not start my xwindows session.

i have tried this for almost 10 to 15 times but never succeded.

How much linux is harassing me you can see from this mail.

- ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BEB9F4.6E0172A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Sir,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I have read your artice on procedure =
of=20
installing sis6215 driver for redhat linux in pcquest of =
december.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>In this article you haven't specify =
so many=20
things that i want to know.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>You did specify </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<OL>
    <LI>
    <P align=3Djustify>Run xf86config command. Select your monitor =
details, etc.=20
    From the cards database select 405 (SiS86 C201) as the card. DO NOT =
run X=20
    probeonly now. </P>
    <LI>
    <P align=3Djustify>Let the xf86config set up the symbolic links for =
the X=20
    Server. </P>
    <LI>
    <P align=3Djustify>I did not select any RAMDAC. </P>
    <LI>
    <P align=3Djustify>Complete the installation of X. This creates the =
file=20
    /etc/XF86 Config. </P>
    <LI>
    <P align=3Djustify>Set up a symbolic link to XF86_SVGA (this is the =
driver=20
    selected) to point to XFCom_SiS using the following command.=20
</P></LI></OL></DIV>
<P align=3Djustify>but there are so many things that i have to configure =
and which=20
are i don't know how to.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>Like i have monitor DAEWOO DT-1436 of ORION =
Technologies and i=20
don't know its specifications.If i issue setup command then it will =
display the=20
list of monitor, out of that i can select generic multysinc.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>But if i issue command xf86config then i have to =
specify it=20
horizontal frq. refresh rate etc.which i don't know.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>Also i can not determine which server should i =
choose.Xfee86=20
website(<A href=3D"http://www.xfree86.org";>www.xfree86.org</A>) suggests =
yoou=20
should choose svga server but it is now working.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>it works only if i issue setup command and then =
select vga16=20
server.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>also it can not determine how much ram my video card =
has.It=20
shows a failour message and then i have to select from list 1024(i have =
1mb=20
vram).</P>
<P align=3Djustify>Here is what i did.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>I installed redhat 5.2 from pcquest march cd which is =

bootable.everything goes allright untill selecting xserver.I have chosen =

unlisted card. Then server vga16 and monitor generic monitor/generic =
multisinc /=20
samtron 426pt.then i choose no clocking and prob for vram. here it shows =
error=20
messgae that it can not determine my vram and i have to specify it =
manually.Then=20
i selected 1024 and completed setup.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>After rebooting it shows me only for colour =
display.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>Then i installed kde and run two file that you have =
suggested=20
in dec. pcquest</P>
<P align=3Djustify>And run xf86config.If i complete configuration as you =
told on=20
issuing startx command at command prompt some with some error next =
command promt=20
comes and i can not start my xwindows session.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>i have tried this for almost 10 to 15 times but never =

succeded.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>How much linux is harassing me you can see from this =
mail.</P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BEB9F4.6E0172A0--