Re: ***WARNING*** (Overclocking)

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 11:40:51AM +0530, Rajiv Dhinakaran wrote:
> >K6-2 266 has been over clocked here to 300...Who says U can't over clock?
>
> Dear Ragoo, prob. u missed the line that says all pre 300MHz K6 processors
> (incl. K6/2) can be safely overclocked.  My own K6-266 is overclocked at 300.

Just a quick note about overclocking: The ability to overclock is limited
by the L2 cache. Processors like Celeron which don't have an L2 cache are
known to be overclocked much more easily than their equivalent PIIs.

In any case, I know of no company that recommends overclocking their
processors. Some are more permissive than others.

	-Arun