Re: Mailing services on Linux - works with a minor problem for us

For this you would have to get urself a domain to serve on. eg. the setup we
have.....

We have a Linux machine asting as a gateway to the net for the network here
in the college. We have a domain mgmmc.edu

The machine serves the internal mails and distributes them as soon as they
are sent, but all the outbound mails are queued for later delivery.

Uwould have to configure

1. Sendmail to hold the expensive mails..... its kinda long procedure....
2. DNS

I think u can try and catch a copy of PCQ's Intranets and E-mail special
published July 98

or u could visit www.pcquest.com. they have given detailed articles on the
same. I just have one problem. Everything is working fine, but I am unable
to remove the delays caused in sending outbound mails when the Linux server
is offline. I could not figure out how to configure the DNS so that it does
not try to resolve outbound domains like hotmail.com when the Linux server
is not connected to the net.

Thanx to you I was about to post my problem to the group!!
VaibhaV Sharma
webmaster@xxxxxxxxx
Incharge
Higher Education Library Project (http://www.mgmmc.edu/help)