Re: Sound Card Configuration Problem

SrinivasaG wrote:

> Hi,
>   First check that  your card is sound blaster compatible.
>   Run pnpdump with -c option and copy the output to isapnp.conf

When I tried I got the message that lspci is not found. I have read in
man pnpdump that it needs lspci and someother program.

>   Run isapnp
>   modprobe -a sound
>
> This configures the sound card completely.
> If you want run sndconfig and give the same IRQ DMA values as shown in your
> isapnp.conf
> This has worked with me with at least two junk cards - Avance and Aztech.

sndconfig couldnot locate my aztech 2320 pnp card. It is easily
recognised by windows. However Iused the  IRQ, I/o and DMA as in
windows.
 but it gives me a prompt saying that a sample file will now be
 played & when I press ok it gives me the following error :

      The following error occured running the modprobe program :
      /lib/module/preferred/misc/sb.o:
      init - module : device or resouce busy.

      Sound: Device or resource busy.

- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx