Re: Sound Card Configuration Problem

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Rajesh wrote:

> Hi,
> Sorry Lokesha, I tried many things. But still unable to configure my Yamaha OPL-SAx3 Sound
> Card under Red Hat Linux.
> Can any one still help me to configure it.

hi.

 i had the same problem. read the documentation for OPL3 cards in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound and follow the directions. include
support for sound compiled directly into the kernel. then do not choose
any other card support other than yamaha. the various addresses to be used
are given in the help file i mentioned above. also include midi support.
the yamaha card options are to be compiled as modules. it will not work if
compiled directly into the kernel. modify isapnp.conf file as mentioned,
load the modules and enjoy

 tell me if u have any problems.

- -amit