Re: Re: Viability of Linux companies

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 10:06:47AM +0530, Raju Mathur wrote:

>     Atul> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Arun Sharma wrote:
>     >> [snip]
>
>     Atul> I for one do not read too much BSD press, for the simple
>     Atul> reason that I am not really interested in it, and in any
>     Atul> case there doesnt seem to be much of it.
>
> As said by some sage earlier ;-), BSD people seem to define their
> existence in terms of how much they can knock GNU and Linux.

BSD existed before GNU and Linux, thank you. Try again :)

> All the
> BSD-related articles I've seen on the 'net so far seem to talk more
> about the GPL and Linux and how viral and dangerous they are than
> about BSD-related issues.

Perhaps you have not visited sites like:

http://www.freebsddairy.org/
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/

I'm surfing the net on my HP Omnibook 6000 running FreeBSD + ESS Maestro3
+ KDE 2.1.1 + a wireless PCMCIA card and yes, JDK 1.3 hotspot for Linux
under emulation. Does that count as a life ? I do open source for fun,
not for money :^)

	-Arun