Re: any corporates implemented linux

Kilaru Sambaiah rearranged electrons thusly:

>     IIT, Lateral etc (I am from madras I may missed some of the other
>     big names) not satisfied him. He specifically wanted corporates.
>     Are there any corporates which implemented linux as their desktops?

 I'm in a company which is part of the BPL Innovision Group in Bangalore -
 definitely qualifies as a corporate, the group's collectively worth ~ 1100
 crores :)

 All the developers / admins have linux of one variety or other (redhat,
 debian, slak, mandrake, suse ...) on their desktops, with / without a dual
 boot windows.  Quite a few of us have only linux on our desktops.

 Even those who use windows use PuTTY to ssh into the linux servers we maintain
 for their work (60-70% of our devel work is on linux)

 I'm sure there'll be dozens such companies around ...

	-s
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org