Re: any corporates implemented linux

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Kilaru Sambaiah wrote:

>      I would like to know any corporates implemented linux?

In a survey (not yet made public) the top 500 companies in India were
found to be using Linux without exception - the Tatas companies, the
Reliance companies, etc. downwards. The entire Taj Hotel group's comms
backbone is on Linux (as I found out to my embarrassment one day when I
went there to preach Linux to them - they let me finish, then quietly
showed me their mail server.... :-( )

It is estimated that between 70,000 to 400,000 Linux installations are
live in India.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 3440397 Fax +91 (80) 3341137