Re: Linux v/s Mac OS X?

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 11:54:50AM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Flametime!!!!
>
> http://www.macaddict.com/content/news/opinions/2001/03/21/28827
>
> But lo and behold - many of the points are actually worth taking into
> account. A stable OS is not enough to give it mass appeal, and with due
> respect to the Mac and BSD - the concept of
>
> "Apple will become the highest-volume vendor of Unix in the world, and
> it'll bring all that *Nixy power to folks who don't know a thing about
> command line terminals"
>
> horrifies me. All that lead time Linux had, and it comes to this?
>
> <click>
> asbestos underwear in place
> </click>

Don't worry.

As long as MacOS X stays on fringe hardware it's not gonna go
anywhere. The days that one company could create a a computer with mass appeal
is long past. In this case, Apple could never manufacture enough units to even
nudge Windows off it's perch.

Biju

Biju Chacko        | biju@xxxxxxxxxxx (work)
Exocore Consulting | biju_chacko@xxxxxxxxx (play)