Linux v/s Mac OS X?

It's true, Apple will become the biggest Unix vendor in the world.  No
big deal: if there were only one distribution of Linux and that was
available only on CD that distribution vendor would be the largest
Unix vendor in the world today, with Apple nowhere near catching up.

I agree with the points that the author has made in his article to
some extent.  Only wish he'd made that one point which defines
reality:  MacOS X will only run on Apple's computers.  Linux will run
on everyone's.  If I want the ``power of Unix'' I'd rather buy a $300
computer for it than a $3000 one (prices could be off).

The days of proprietary OS's and computers are dead except in niche
markets.  Apple hasn't been a gainer in the marketplace for the past
10 years at least, doubtful if they'll change their loser status now.

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raju Mathur          raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://kandalaya.org/