rants, rants and more rants

These days due to time constraints, I read the LIG mails only occasionally.
What I see most of the times aren't any intellectual discussion on anything
but rants like this. Considering that I get about 50 mails from LIG in my
inbox everyday, half of which is crap like this, I am considering
unsubscription. Compare this to other highly useful newsgroups like the ones
for QNX and you will know what I mean.

Vilas Kumar Chitrakaran
Vilas Kumar Chitrakaran
Graduate Assistant
Clemson University

http://www.ece.clemson.edu/crb/students/vilas

Linux
> in
> > premature India. And you can keep this statement in your records. Arre,
> just
>
> Linux in India is definitely maturing. I wish you too do.
>
> Do something for the people around you rather than seeing every sensible
> mail as a description of "someone's butt" !
>
> Why don't you think of some marketing that might fund the distros for the
> "local common man" in and around your streets ?
>
> you might think this of as dogmatic, but makes sense after you've had a
cool
> drink.
> making linux advocay a bit commercial isn't bad as condeming someone whose
> doing something as sexy as setting up a mirror.
> your detest for Ajay  shudn't mean that a local linux miror is a crap,
foo?

> You don't get all that you (or your "local common man") might want in the
> cds that come with mags.
> you *do* need a place to download them from.
>
> somebody noble around you is putting a local mirror, i fail to understand
> you what makes you oppose it, just because Ajay won't join your lug ???
>
> > I have strong faith in
> > the capabilities of listers like Hon. Raju Mathur, Atul Chitnis, Suresh,
> > Atul et al.
>
> Quite a strong faith, but mentioning the same person twice won't make it
any
> stronger and help your "local common man"
>
> Now for the base point. I never found Ruchir's mail on the list. You just
> seem to have a passion for writing mails about YOU and YOU and YOU.
>
> Do you fill in the "your company" field : I me and myself ???
>
> And for God's sake please stop sending mails to the members of
> lug-northindia. Don't blame if you're finally given what you deserve.
>
> r /\ |-| |_| |_
> ==================
> First, they ignore you.
> Then they laugh at you.
> Then they fight you.
> Then you win -- MG
> ==================
>
> The Northern Linux lug-northindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teach
> > them first, and then show them how to compile the kernel. I indeed seem
> > energetic, but this is typical of guys who try to achieve more with
lesser
> > resources. What I am doing, and what we have done is through our
personal
> > resources. And yes, this aint no political pledge as you believe it to
be.
> > We speak loudly because we act bravely. I have been personally coaching
> > interested students and professionals about Linux. HAVE YOU BEEN ????
> >         I spend my evenings with youngsters. Does the mirror help in
> > increasing Linux user base in any way ???? I know how the IITs function.
> You
> > say you've got a big Linux project. The Min. of IT gives you a crore
> rupees.
> > The result : the same (or lesser) that is achieved by resourceless
people.
> > This aint no IIT Bashing, but please try to see reason into others as
you
> > see into you. Just mail me about how your mirror would help the Windows
> user
> > switch to Linux, and I quit this list.
> >         In fact, your blind advocacy shows misdirected zeal and energy.
> Try
> > to see reason. The people of UP, if like me, are in the majority, and
thus
> > you gotta think their way. They cant shed their laziness for this new
> > aircraft called Linux. This is what the Open Source Movement aims for.
The
> > problem is that Indians go overboard and instantly compare themselves
with
> > the best, like there was comparison of Bangalore with Silicon Valley
last
> > fortnight in BW. Arre bhai, the conditions in US are far different than
> > those in India. Do you think even the kind of research taking place in
3rd
> > grade US universities exists in any of our IITs??? People compare Indian
> > telecom with the US. Look at their rates and ours. India is still to
> > develop. And I just cant get enough energy out in stressing that. Ask
the
> > 90% of the top IT professionals not from RECs, and they'll tell you the
> > reality.

> > having
> > ---------->      Sorry couldnt get you at all. Do you mean that mirror =
> > Internet ?????
> >
> > And by the way, that link issue was not for linux-india. and the matter
> has
> > been discussed with Atul. It wasnt any of ours fault. I have strong
faith
> in
> > the capabilities of listers like Hon. Raju Mathur, Atul Chitnis, Suresh,
> > Atul et al. They are the best folk with the best brains and the most
> capable
> > minds. Sit in any of their talks and you'll know.
> >
> >     See Ruchir, I may be wrong, but please dont  misunderstand me.
Instead