Re: Experience the New Windows

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Anand Biligiri S wrote:

> Do you really think so? This may be true when it comes to latest stuff
> like voice chat et al. I am sure this is going to change soon. Try to really

I guess the changes are over, most of the IPtelephony gateways prefer to
use Linux as the servers because Linux supports IP telephony
better. Quicknet releases it's cards at a discount for Linux developers
and generally it's easier to set up these gateways easier on Linux than on
proprietary OS where you can't hack things to your satisfaction. The
supported front ends by major companies are still on Windows but I guess
with software like xspeakfreely already there for some time it wouldn't be
too difficult to set up a front end for that. One just needs free gateways
supporting Linux users.

> To be honest, I find it quite difficult to use Windows, as I am used to

can't agree with that one, I have to learn how to use windows first (it
needs lots of time and money to get beyond the OS itself)

\Indraneel

--
http://www.indialine.org