Re: Experience the New Windows

Well, most regular (read non tech) folks in the windows world use yahoo
messsenger / msn messenger or similar tools for voice chats especially PC
to phone stuff. Unfortunately these features are missing in the Linux and
the Mac versions of these chat clients. So as far as the client software
goes the voice chat functionality is today available mostly on the windows
platform alone.

Perhaps these could run via Vmware emulation ? Just a wild guess. I think
it has to do mostly with the Java VM stuff implementation as mentioned in
the FAQ at the Dialpad site.

A lot of home users do end up using chat sometime or the other. So this
feature is now perhaps an "unescapable" must have.

Hope the situation improves in future.

As as regards difficulty of usage, its just a question of more people
"knowing" windows than anything else.

---VK