Re: Re: Au Revoir

Hello,

      [snipped - earlier part of the email]

    Suresh>  Arun or Raju would be the best bet - esp Raju, as he's
    Suresh> got this nice huge ISP and a fat pipe available here in
    Suresh> India :) I have a feeling that Arun's cablemodem
    Suresh> connection would not be too happy trying to run the li-*
    Suresh> lists ...

	Well - actually, *I* was not looking at Raju because of his
capability to host using Palcomm or whatever. Its only because I think
he's a cool guy and would make a lovely sysadmin. Thats all.

	Extending your logic, if $random-ISP-dood took over the
mailing list/web interface/et. al. , I am not sure if I want that. I
have no idea (no evidence of demonstrated skills/interest) if they can
host a similar setup, as versatile, powerful, and cost-effective, and
with minimal downtime.

	IMHO, we can work out something - that Arun's got only a cable
modem (What am I saying?! I'm on a dialup duh!) is not a
limitation. We could always get some guy on a T-1 or so to host it,
but Arun admin it... blah blah.

	Incase you're wondering why I chose whoever I chose, its only
because of demonstrated interest in the Linux Movement in India, and
that they haven't flamed at anyone else, and been a generally "good
admin-type dood" ever since I got on the list, 3+ years back. I have
no idea of any existing politics, before that. But again, I have
strong faith that they all could easily get above all that, and act
"the right way" (tm) - thaths(!)

	I hope something good comes out of all this.

	-ravi.

PS: As an aside, I noticed that Raju uses the same mailer as me - Can
you please email me your ~/.emacs and ~/.vm ... (I already know of
dotfiles.[org&&com] - the entries for bbdb are of special interest to me...